Welcome to let's make it happen!

Enjoy your life to the full by connecting and communicating honestly and efficiently, with yourself and with others! Being aware of who you are, what your purpose is and taking responsibility for making it happen!

My intention in this blog is to share with you facts, ideas, thoughts picked up from my experience as accredited motivational life-coach and NLP practitioner, as Editor, Writer, Presentor, from the self development books I read, reflections on my personal experiences in my professional and private life!

Each week will bring a new theme we can ponder on with view to living a vibrant, meaningful and fantastic life! I welcome all comments and exchanges!

LET'S MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

Tuesday 3 September 2019

Who doesn't want to shift mental blocks?


I believe in life, we need all the tool sets we can get, so yes, if I come across a book or a course which truly inspires me, I believe in sharing. No, I am not paid to endorse people, I just feel a natural urge to share the good things with others, so it can help them too.

Via my coaching accreditation agency, I heard about an online PASSION summit this Summer which immediately appealed to me.
 I am a big believer in PASSION, I think it makes the world go round, gets me out of bed and gives meaning to what I do. I love it when everything seems to flow from that passion, I work hard and can see the results. At other moments however, it  seems that however hard I work, I go to bed frustrated and feel I am going around in circles. Does that ring a bell?

The Summit came with a book, subtitled “Toolset for initiative fatigue. Permanently shifting mental blocks of coaches, leaders and learning students”. After devouring the book and doing all the exercises, , I feel it should not limit itself to the above, but we can ALL use and benefit from it.

The author, Rachael Orchard designed the PASSION toolset after 6 years of frustration in her own life and business which led her to years of research and study, resulting in this all-encompassing, deep, human, and extremely practical book.
My preference always goes to authors who admit they were stuck and suffered (and I could certainly relate to Rachel) and could not help but be in awe by the depth of her research and the analysis it brought.

What I liked about it:

-          - It is a one stop shop for reminding myself why I do what I do, staying on track, overcoming obstacles and re-evaluating and adapting as I move forward
-         -  It is hands-on practical, with exercises, diagrams, daily calibrations tools and tips
-         -  Rachel adds her own experience at each chapter, which deeply resonated with me
-          - Each chapter comes with inspiring quotes
-          - Each chapter ends with space for you to note what, concretely you will change after reading

PASSION is an acronym on which each chapter is based:

P ower                                  : Understanding you have the magic wand
A uthenticity                      : Knowing what your specific magic powers are
S aying what you will do : Not being afraid to try
S ticking to what you say: Respons-able
I ndex                                   : When something is not working, try something different
O bstacles                           : Love the imperfections
N avigation                         : Practice, practice, practice

There is so much out there, I find it a relief to have this one book to re-visit regularly as I “ sharpen the saw” in my own life and practice, to better serve my clients.

Let's make it happen, you DESERVE to be HEARD.

No comments:

Post a Comment